Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tofu Scramble

I like to experiment with how to use/prepare my tofu scramble but below are the ingredients (always taste and adjust) that I use in my basic tofu scramble.

Instructions: 

Heat up a pan on medium heat with about 1 T. olive oil. Take out extra firm tofu and "squeeze" out as much of the liquid from the block as possible with paper towels. Then put the block in the pan and take a fork to it! Mash it up until it looks like the consistency of scrambled eggs. Then add the ingredients listed below while mixing/flipping:
  • - 1-2 tsp onion powder
    - 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
    - 1/2-1 tsp tumeric
    - 1/2 tsp salt
    - freshly ground pepper & salt to taste
    - 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
    - 3-4 tbsp rice milk
     
    I usually top with salsa. Often I'll saute up spinach, onions, peppers and mix with it. Today I sauteed cubed sweet potatoes,  bell pepper, and threw in some black beans and spiced with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning, then topped that with the tofu scramble and salsa. I also put some taco seasoning in with the tofu scramble. Get creative! Hash browns, some vegan sausage, maybe some "cheezy" sauce! Enjoy and share your fav combo!

No comments: